I needed to run memcached locally on my Windows PC. These are the steps to making it work on Windows.
(2) Extract the exe to C:\memcached
(3) Open your start menu
(4) In the Search box at the bottom, enter “cmd” – don’t hit enter!
(5) Instead of enter, press Ctrl+Shift + Enter. This should allow you to run the command prompt as the administrator, as long as your Windows user ID is set-up as an admin
(6) use the `cd` command to navigate to get to: C:\memcached
(7) once there, enter: memcached.exe -d install
(8) next enter: memcached.exe -d start
You should now be running a memcached server. To check, open the Windows Task manager and on the Services tab, you should see “memcached”.